This weekend was spent on Alt Runs.. Well, that and leveling my Mage.. I don’t THINK I told you all (unless you follow me on twitter), but my mage, Fizz, dinged 70 this weekend! Very exciting. I now have 3 80s, 2 70s, a 67 and some 61s & 60s. Given how quick and easy it was to level to 70 ( I think I was still in Nagrand when I dinged.. Never touched BEM, Netherstorm or Shadowmoon) I might just go ahead and level the rest of them..
Fhuun was the focus in the non-leveling times. We got an Alt-run 10 man Naxx going. In actuality, not all the peeps were alts. Our two tanks were not and one of our healers, etc. We did pretty well. Lots of the gear was getting sharded still, but we were moving. Got the first two wings (Spider, Plague) down the first night and then the Military the next (we hadn’t done the military with this group yet).
We had a not a few deaths on each of the bosses in there, but in the end we were able to work it out.
In other news, BRK has decided to take a brake (possibly indefinite) from WoW and blogging and all that jazz.. I am sure he will be missed in the community. His wit and determination inspired many a blogger and hunter. As I am writing this there are 301 comments! I’m sure when you read this, there will be more..
Additionally, I’d like to give a plug to a new site conceived by Matticus from World of Matticus. It is NoStockUI, a blog about World of Warcraft UI mods. So far he’s got some great writers doing reviews and howtos! Check it out!
Ok.. I promised. I want to thank all the little people (yeah, you Gnomes know who you are) for this, um, prestigious award (which now pretty much everyone has). In fact, it was WoWFailBlog that’s to blame! Here’s the deal.. There are even rules (that I am going to be breaking):
Rules are (as copied from WowFailBlog):
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Ok.. I’m going to start with #3 (I did #1 up there.. did you catch it?)
- I not only have a blog but a podcast.
- I live in Orlando, FL. Home of Mickey Mouse, BRK and Mania.
- I have 2 children
- I am a Computer Programmer by trade / Computer Engineer by training
- The night is my friend (Hi Night!)
- Lady Jess was once in the guild I am in.
- My first “main” was a Hunter, Fimlys. (duh)
- I did not have another “max” level character until after Fimlys had cleared Karazhan.
- I like pun-kin pie.. Well, at least I like puns… The ones I write anyway..
- I am not going to “pass it on” although I definitely believe that Matticus has one awesome site.
As I said above.. I’m not passing it on.. Sorry, too many people have been tagged already that I would have tagged. I broke the rules, does that mean I have to give back the award? Well, too bad! I have it already and you can’t take it back..
Yes, I know I was linked to in a meme-award-honesty-link-thingy. We’ll just have to see when I have time to concoct a reasonable post for that (sans re-linking, since everyone I would do so to has been “done”)…
On to the real story here. Well, actually, before I get to that… Last night we did get back into Naxx-25 with about 22 peeps. We headed into the Military wing and, amazing enough, one shot Raz (our second successful attempt at him in 25s.). Moving onward we made our first attempt (ever) of Gothik. After a few wipes we finally got him down. It wasn’t pretty, but we did it.
I was Master Looter last night and I almost choked when I went to loot the boss.. For the THIRD time in this week’s Naxx.. Dying Curse dropped! And I FINALLY won it.. Of course, nobody else wanted it.. But that doesn’t matter! So my +hit is finally up to snuff and I can actually swap around some gems and such when I feel like it. Yay!
Ok, so we then made our way to the 4 horsemen.. All I have to say is blech.. The biggest issue we had was that neither of the tanks in back had ever done this on 25.. Oh wait.. Very few, if any, of us had.. Well, the front stuff is pretty much the same (other than the one time our priest and mage got kaboomed about 1/2 sec into the fight by a meteor)… So, we had a few wipes, we got the 2 in the front down pretty easily once and then moved to the back…
Oh.. Guess what.. Don’t stand too close to each other on that guy in the back (not B-lady).. Whatshisname… He Bows U Up Good! So we lost all of our melee and a few ranged dps in one fell swoop. Ended up with not enough of anything to get them down and so we failed.. Final try was that priest/mage blowup and then it just all fell apart.. We have a signup for tonight and if we get the peeps, we might try again.
So, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.. What? What mage? OOOH! My mage? The title? What’s wrong with the title? Oh.. I am supposed to talk about my mage.. Well.. Um.. Did I tell you he is in Northrend? Oh.. I did.. Um… Did I tell you he is having a great time? I did? .. Um.. Did I tell you he is level … 69!!!!!! WOOT! 69 BABY! Ok.. that’s all I gotta say..