Not all that much going on in the WoW front (other than my paladin dinging 79 a few days ago). Waiting for 3.3, which is supposed (unofficially) to come out next Tuesday.. But, that’s not what this post is about.. This post is about my new computer.. Well, new computer to be. You see, for the holidays I ordered myself the parts to make a semi-decent rig. Nothing “SPECTACULAR”, but pretty good all the same. Definitely an upgrade over what I have already…
I’ll give you a rundown of the parts.. They are supposed to arrive today and then i get to put it together tonight! Woot!
- Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
- ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) – CZ3G1600LV6GK
- XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
- CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
- Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
So there it is.. With all the links to newegg intact.. I hope..
Of course, the MB has onboard sound, but I will probably move over the Soundblaster X-Fi I have to it also. Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing what this puppy can do compared to my current system. Hopefully everything will work without too much issue. Sorry if you have absolutely no idea what all this is.. I’m a geek, I admit it.. This crap is fun to me .. Later folks!