I was looking through some of the recent changes to the PTR on MMO-Champion and wanted to share some of the ones that make me happy..
- Gift of the Naaru (Draenei Racial): The heal has been changed to an instant-cast direct heal instead of a heal-over-time.
- DRUID: Innervate: This spell no longer costs mana.
- DRUID: Mark of the Wild and Gift of the Wild can now be cast while in Moonkin form.
- PALADIN: Exorcism: Now can be used on any target and has a 100% chance to be a critical strike when used on Undead and Demons.
- Flint and Tinder is no longer necessary for creating a campfire. You’re just that resourceful!
- Ingredients such as Spices, Apples, and the like have been removed from most cooking recipes.
- You no longer need to learn cooking from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing.
- The time needed to catch fish has been reduced.
- You can now fish anywhere, regardless of skill. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill.
- You no longer need to learn fishing from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing.
- You can no longer fail when Mining, Herbing, and Skinning.
- Glyph icons have been updated so it is easy to distinguish between classes.
- New dungeon maps have been added for all Wrath of the Lich King dungeons.
- The calendar now supports a guild-wide sign-up sheet, allowing the event organizer to invite his or her entire guild.
This is obviously just a sampling. There are other good things in there too, these are just a few that I was interested in. Most are crafting things and making it easier to level up crafting from the beginning. I’ve not been leveling my fishing on Fimlys recently.. The changes in 3.1 might get me back to “angling”. Also, the Dungeon Maps are just awesome.. Biggest thing for me with that is to be able to track where you are in a dungeon now. Cartographer had maps but they were hard to see where you were because they were built from the mini-map views.
Anyway.. these could always change I guess.. Oh, we did a 25man OS/Naxx run last night. Got through the Spider Wing. Had issues with OS+1 so reverted back to 0 drakes. Had a bunch of slowdowns for people going afk. We also did it with a sub-optimal number of healers.. I’m sure that doesn’t help.. Ok.. Tonight we might continue the Naxx.. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.
P.S. oooh.. And Fizz (my mage) dinged 66 last night too.. After the raid.. Woot!