Patch 2.4 is finally on the PTR and I have collected here some info I have ascertained to be of interest to me..
Ok.. Here we go..
- Sunwell Isle is a new Area and will have 5-player and 25-player instances. There is a faction to grind here and a ton of new daily quests supposedly.
- They are making radical changes to the Combat Log. Mainly this will effect quite a few add-ons, but I am sure that a large number of add-on writers will put some effort into fixing their add-ons in the PTR.
- There will be a portal to COT from Shattrath!
- HUNTER STUFF
- Equipping a thrown weapon while in the middle of an Auto-Shot will no longer cause animation issues.
- Casting Flare while in any way not visible, will no longer cause your flare to be invisible to other players.
- Hunter’s Mark: Hunters with Improved Hunter’s Mark will now properly overwrite Hunter’s Mark cast by Hunters without the talent.
- The stamina tooltip for hunter pets will now display the proper health increase.
- PRIEST STUFF
- Fear Ward is now usable while in Shadow form.
- Inner Focus: Chastise now benefits from Inner Focus. In addition, Starshards no longer consumes Inner Focus.
- Power Word: Shield: Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Prayer of Mending: This spell will now fade from players who leave or enter an instance, change continents, or exit the game.
- Reflective Shield: The reactive damage from this talent no longer breaks crowd control affects which break on taking damage.
- Shadowguard: No longer consumes the charge of Inner Focus when triggered.
- Silent Resolve:This talent is now affects Surge of Light, Power Infusion, Inspiration, Spirit Tap, Blackout, Levitate, Shackle Undead, Touch of Weakness, Hex of Weakness, and Symbol of Hope.
- Touch of Weakness: No longer consumes the charge of Inner Focus when triggered. It will also function properly even when the Priest with Touch of Weakness on is silenced or stunned.
- Vampiric Touch: Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- All 25-player raid bosses have had their cash drops increased!
- All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
- Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
- Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.
- Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality PvP items from reputation vendors.
…. And lots lots more.. I would peruse the patch notes if I were you..
This is looking to be a pretty awesome patch. Since it looks like Mythos will finally be moving forward on 25-man raids [with help], some of the 25-man changes are lookin’ mighty nice..
The test realm patch notes are available at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
The main patch notes are available at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
MMO-Champion Always has VERY, VERY good coverage of Patches.