I know I am most excited about a couple of things. The increased speed of leveling from 20-60 is probably the most interesting to me. While, Zul’Aman is very exciting, I have not been able to get any Alts up to Raiding status because I am just too lazy . The decreased XP requirement and increased Quest XP will speed this up significantly.
They also added a new Quest Hub in Dustwallow (I think). This is for 30-40 I believe and will supplement or replace some of the Stranglethorn quests for those levels. I am also happy about the new Flight Path to the north end of Stranglethorn!
WowWiki has a page that has a good rundown of the changes, but I’ll still talk about them here
Guild banks are being added which is kinda cool. I’m not sure we use our guild bank that much.. At least, I don’t Maybe i should ask if we have any lower level crap
So, really like this:
I like that you can purchase all the ammo from the tiers in Shat. That was a big pain to have to fly to pick up ammo all the time.
- Arcane Shot (Ranks 6 and above) now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to their normal damage.
- Explosive Trap: The initial damage dealt by this trap is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Immolation Trap: The total damage dealt by this trap is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Serpent Sting: The total damage dealt by this sting is now also increased by 10% of your ranged attack power.
- Steady Shot: Tooltip clarified to indicate base weapon damage is used in the damage calculation.
- Trueshot Aura (Marksmanship) no longer costs mana to cast and will last until cancelled.
- Aimed Shot (Marksmanship) now reduces healing done to that target by 50% for 10 seconds.
Yeah, I know.. I’m concentrating on Hunter stuff.. I always do Once my priest is lvl 70, I’ll include that stuff too.. I just don’t really understand the relevance of the changes at this point.
- Stylin’ Hats no longer require Zhevra leather.
- Greatly increased the radius of the Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration, Drums of Speed, and Drums of War.
- Removed the casting time from the Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration, Drums of Speed, and Drums of War.
- Slightly increased the radius of Drums of Panic.
- Reduced the casting time of Drums of Panic and added a global cooldown equal to the casting time.
- Drums of Speed and Drums of Restoration are no longer world drop recipes, and can now be obtained from the Mag’har and Kurenai faction vendors with revered standing.
- A new recipe is available from Grand Master leatherworking trainers to create glove reinforcements, providing a substantial armor bonus.
- Reinforcements are a permanent enchantment and cannot be placed with other permanent enchantments.
- New recipes are available from Grand Master leatherworking trainers to make 20 slot quivers and ammo pouches.
- New recipes are available from the Honor Hold, Thrallmar, and Lower City quartermasters to create 24 slot quivers and ammo pouches.
- Increased the range at which you can gain leatherworking skill from crafting drums.
- Reduced the faction required to obtain Drums of Battle and Drums of Panic.
- Drums can now be used while shapeshifted.
- A new recipe is available from Grand Master leatherworking trainers to make a 20 slot bag to hold leatherworking supplies.
- The ogres in the barrier hills are rumored to have a pattern for a 24 slot bag to hold leatherworking supplies.
Hmm.. I guess i will have to work on Kurenai faction for those Drums I like the larger quivers, that will be really nice. Not sure I care about the leatherworking bags.. Might be nice if you can put them in your bank though…
Bosses in Kara and Zul’Aman will drop Badges of Justice and there are many more things to buy with them that look interesting. We haven’t really been running any heroics for a while, so this will be nice.
There are some new Daily quests and some changes to the UI (Which I am sure will break my addons.. yay). New macro commands (/targetlastenemy, /targetlastfriend, /targetexact) will be nice to take a look at for new/updated macros.
They are also increasing the loot from lower level instances (the quality of it anyway) and making more of the elites around the world into non-elite.
There is SOOO much in this patch, that I can’t really go into it all. Go ahead to that WowWiki page above and check it out. They did a good job of breaking them down.